Delicious, easy One Pot Chicken and Rice to please everyone! This simple combination of chicken and rice in just one pot is chicken so satisfying. It’s basically a full meal in one pot. It’s Budget friendly and family friendly plus it comes together pretty quickly in about 45 minutes.
Figuring out what to make on busy nights can sometimes seem impossible and I know I’m not the only one in this situation. Especially for busy parents, having your family eat happily is very important in having a positive mealtime experience. one pot cooking helps to prevent dinnertime meltdowns, it helps reduce the number of hours spent in the kitchen and also reduce the clean up after.
The method of putting together this recipe is so simple and unfussy to prepare, it features everyday pantry ingredients. It also tolerates substitutions pretty well. Like, substituting Kale for spinach or Parsley, you can add any bell pepper of your choice. Likewise, any chicken part of your choice can also be used.
I always like to make one pot meals because it saves me time, and cleanup is always a breeze. To make things easier, I like to prep all my veggies first. This takes about five minutes if you’ve got fast fingers. This chicken and Rice make an exotic weeknight dinner after a long day. Making quick meals will also reduce your appetite for fast foods which will, in turn, save you some money.
This Chicken and Rice recipe is pretty much foolproof and almost impossible to mess up. If you are like me and you are on the lookout for a meal that can be made with a substantial amount of protein, this one-pot Rice and Chicken is a perfect fit! Simple to make, great aroma, and Very satisfying. Happy cooking!
The Rice I used in this recipe is the long grain parboiled Rice. Please follow the cooking instructions of the Rice you use in case you choose to use a different type.
The Chicken should be added when it’s about 10 minutes to the end of your cooking. Otherwise, it will get too soft
Easy One Pot Chicken and Rice
- 4 Cups long grain Rice
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 3 Tomatoes Ripe and juicy (Diced)
- 2 red bell peppers Diced
- 1 Tsp Chili flakes
- 1 Tsp Curry powder
- 2 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tsp Black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 Tsp Thyme
- Kale leaves
- 5 to 6 cups chicken stock
For the Chicken:
- 11/2 lb Chicken Thigh
- Curry Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Black pepper
Instructions for the Chicken
- Season with Salt, Paprika Curry Powder Garlic powder and Black Pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large pan, preheat the Olive Oil, once it's hot, add the seasoned Chicken and fry for about 5 to 8 minutes on a medium to high heat.
- Once the Chicken is cooked take them out from the pan and set aside
Instructions For Cooking the Rice
- Dice the Tomatoes, Red Bell Peppers, and Onions. Then slice the Kale leaves and set aside.
- Wash the Chicken Thighs and pat it dry with a paper towel.
- In the same pan, add the diced Onions and stir fry till it becomes translucent
- Stir in the diced Tomatoes, diced Red bell peppers, and the chili flakes. Cover and leave to simmer for 1 to 2 minutes
- Season with the Curry powder, Paprika, Garlic powder, black pepper, salt, and thyme.
- Stir in the Rice, add the Chicken stock and leave to cook for about 15 minutes.
- Add the fried Chicken, cover it up and leave to cook till done
- Turn off the heat and stir in the Kale leaves. Cover it up so that the heat from the rice can steam up the kale.
- Serve hot.
If you make this One-pot Chicken and Rice, I’d love to see pictures of your creations on Instagram and Facebook. #cheflolaskitchen