Chicken Fried Rice is very easy to put together at the same time one could easily go wrong especially when it comes to the moisture content in the Rice, the more reason why it is best to use the rice that has been cooked a day before for this recipe, this is because the longer the Rice stays, the more dehydrated it becomes, so that when you stir fry the Rice and add the soy sauce, it still stays nice and not mushy.
You can still use a freshly cooked rice but it is advisable you allow the Rice to cool completely to room temperature you can even put it in the Fridge to hasten the cooling process.
Chicken Fried Rice With Mixed Vegetables
- 3 Cups cooked Rice
- 2 - 3 Tbps Cooking Oil
- 1/2 Pound Chicken Thigh Cut into strips
- Black pepper A dash of
- 1 Onion diced/medium
- 1/2 Cup Green Pepper
- 1 Tsp Garlic
- 2 scallions
- 1 red Eye Chili Finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup Carrots
- 2 Eggs
- Soy Sauce to taste
- 1 Stock cube optional
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tsp Ginger
- Add the Oil into the Pan and once it's hot, add the Chicken together with he Black pepper and Salt then stir fry the Chicken until it's cooked and well browned.
- Add the chopped Chilies, Garlic/Ginger, Onions, Scallions, and Carrots. Then stir fry these until the veggies are tender but not soggy (we still want to retain the crunch!).
- Push the contents in the Pan to a side and fry the beaten Eggs then mix the fried Eggs together with the other contents.
- Add the Rice and Soy sauce to taste with the seasoning cube (optional) and the Green pepper then stir fry everything together.
- Adjust the seasoning if necessary. Serve and enjoy!