OVEN BAKED CHICKEN SCOTCH EGGS (VIDEO)
- 6 Eggs
- 1.5 Lb Chicken thighs De-boned
- 1/2 Cup bread crumbs
- 6 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1 Small Onion
- 1 seasoning cube optional
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil any cooking oil will work
- Salt to taste
- Boil 6 of the Eggs, peel and dry them with a paper towel and set aside.
- Season the Flour wit salt and pepper to taste (optional) and set aside.
- Whisk together the other 2 Eggs with 2 Tablespoons of water and set aside as well.
- Use a food processor to process the Chicken with the Onion using about 15 to 20 pulses.
- Season the Chicken with Black pepper, Cayenne pepper, Paprika, Thyme and Salt to taste.
- Divide the Chicken into 6 parts.
- Take 1 part of the Chicken, flatten it out with the palm of your hand and Place the Egg inside the Chicken
- Gather up the Chicken around the Egg until the Egg is all covered up.
- Coat the Chicken with the Flour and shake off the excess flour, then dip it into the Egg wash, then coat it again with the Bread crumbs.
- Arrange the scotch Eggs on a grill pan of wire rack placed over a tray and brush it with oil.
- Place the scotch Eggs in a 350°F preheated Oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes. Serve with Ata din din or your favorite Sauce. Enjoy!