Waffles are bread-like in flavor, they are crispy on the outside and super soft on the inside. They are good for breakfast, brunch or dessert.
These waffles batter can make very good and delicious pancakes as well but definitely not the Nigerian-style-pancakes.
This recipe is a classic waffle recipe so there are no outrageous procedures involved in putting this together yet, the outcome is amazing. All you need to do is to:
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Mix all the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Combine both the wet and the dry ingredients together until it is smooth and lump free. That’s all!
You can watch the detailed video on how to make the classic waffles below:
- Serving Size: 3
- Calories: 306
EASY WAFFLES RECIPE (VIDEO)
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 11/2 Tsp baking powder
- 11/2 Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1 large Egg
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla extract optional
- 2 Tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- Mix the Flour, Baking powder, Salt, and Sugar together in a bowl and set it aside.
- In another bowl, slightly beat the Egg, add the Milk, melted butter, and Vanilla extract whisk everything together.
- create a well at the center of the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients and mix together until it is lump free.
- Preheat the waffle Iron and grease with Oil or cooking spray if necessary, spoon the batter into the Waffle Iron and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes or till golden brown.
- Serve hot or warm. Enjoy!
- Try not to open the waffle for the first minute through the cooking time, at this point, the waffle is still forming, opening it up at this time will ruin the shape of the waffles.
- Waffles are best served when hot or warm
- If you have leftover waffles or you feel like making a lot at once, simply put the Waffles in an airtight plastic bag and place it in the freezer. It will last in the freezer for up to a month.
- When you are ready to use the frozen waffles, simply microwave them or place them in the oven at 350 degrees for 5 to 10 minutes or till it’s heated through.