Spaghetti Sauce is a hearty all-in-one dish full of goodness and great flavors. It makes your dinner enticing, texturally pleasurable, and tastier.
No-Fuss Spaghetti Sauce Dinner Recipe
Add this no-fuss meat sauce to your family’s stash of best recipes. You can make this sauce in about 40 minutes, including prep time.
This Spaghetti sauce is not only perfect for spaghetti, but it also pairs perfectly well with rice, couscous, quinoa.
Round out this meal with a side of steamed broccoli, green beans, and don’t forget that big basket of warm garlic bread.
This is a quick and easy sauce that gets dinner on the table fast, so grab a skillet and go. A tutorial video is included!
SPAGHETTI SAUCE FROM SCRATCH – MY RENDITION OF ITALIAN COMFORT FOOD
I’d like to share my family recipe, which is based on the classic Italian pasta sauce. I have made some kinds of adaptations to this sauce and everyone that have tasted this sauce always has something good to say about it.
This is my take on the famous classic Italian spaghetti sauce. You might be wondering, is Lola now cooking Italian food?” Well, yes and No. I just like to share recipes that our family truly enjoys, no matter it’s origin.
THIS SAUCE IS CUSTOMIZABLE
This spaghetti sauce is highly customizable. For example, you can use diced carrots or sweet corn as your veggies in place of bell peppers.
I can never hide my love for spicy food when it comes to cooking, so I added cayenne pepper to this sauce. However, you can leave it out if you don’t want any heat in the sauce.
I love minced meat for its versatility. It can be added to sauce, pasta, rice, used as meatballs, meatloaves, and so much more.
…AND IT’S EASY TO COOK!
This sauce can be a life-saver when the last thing you want to do is cook an elaborate meal!
This recipe is pretty straightforward. There’s no particular cooking skill involved. As long as you have all the ingredients to hand and follow the detailed, written recipe, nothing will go wrong.
It is very easy to make, and it even comes together faster when you have all your ingredients prepped ahead. I’m sure you will not be disappointed with this quick and simple meal if you get to try it.
Watch how to make it:
Ingredients for making Homemade Spaghetti Sauce?
- Olive oil – I used olive oil, but you can use any other cooking oil of your choice.
- Ground beef – I prefer using 85% lean ground beef because it has less fat.
- Salt and pepper – Use these to your taste.
- Onion and garlic – Don’t skip these two because they help to build the flavor for the sauce. Always use fresh.
- Canned tomato sauce – This is one of the main ingredients, so I try to use a very good sauce brand.
- Fresh herbs – I used fresh parsley. This helps to give the sauce a fresh flavor. You can also use fresh basil or a combination of basil and parsley.
- Dried oregano – Gives the sauce a little more oomph!
- Sugar? – I don’t use it because the sauce will not be sour if it’s well cooked. However, you may add a hint if you choose to.
How to make Spaghetti Sauce
- Brown the Beef – In a large skillet, add the oil and brown the meat.
- Season – salt, bouillon powder, black pepper, oregano, and cayenne pepper.
- Add the sauce and simmer – Give the sauce enough time to simmer. This will allow the sauce to reduce and thicken. It will also allow the flavors to meld. Simmer for longer for a thicker sauce or add water to thin.
- Serve with your favorite pasta, rice, couscous, in short, most grains.
How long does it take to make spaghetti sauce?
The cook time for this sauce is about 30 minutes plus 10 minutes for the prep time.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion finely – chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon powder
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Green Bell Pepper Diced
- 1/2 cup Red Bell Pepper Diced
- 30 oz pureed tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh Parsley
- Preheat the oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add the diced onions and leave to sweat for about 3 minutes. Stir in the garlic and leave to cook for another 30 seconds.
- Add the ground beef and cook by tossing and crumbling until well browned—about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt, bouillon powder, black pepper, oregano, thyme, and cayenne pepper.
- Stir in the bell peppers, tomato sauce, and water. Cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent the sauce from burning.
- Stir in the parsley. Serve and enjoy!
Let’s connect on Let’s connect on YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram. I love keeping in touch with you, and nothing brings me more joy than seeing pictures of your creations.
Thursday 7th of October 2021
Thanks for such a prompt response! I’m now off to enjoy what I hope will be an adventure in good eating:)
Wednesday 6th of October 2021
This looks wonderful.I hope it is as tasty as it looks. Please clarify, before I begin, whether it is chicken or beef bouillon we are to use. Is there plain bouillion? Thanks! I’m really looking forward to trying this.
Wednesday 6th of October 2021
I used chicken bouillon. I have adjusted the recipe to reflect that... I have lots of positive reviews on this recipe on YouTube. Please be sure to come back with yours. Happy cooking 😊