Make the crispiest, tastiest air fryer breakfast potatoes in less than 20 minutes. These air fryer potatoes are super easy to make, you’ll want to have them every day! They require only the simplest ingredients and taste as amazing.
Breakfast Potatoes In The Air Fryer
Nothing says “breakfast” like potatoes, and that’s why I’m so excited to share this delicious recipe with you! You only require minimal oil to make breakfast potatoes in the air fryer. However, the result is potatoes that are fluffy and deliciously creamy on the inside and crispy on the outside.
I like adapting my fried recipes to be air fryer friendly. One of the reasons is because there are so many advantages to using an air fryer. Apart from being able to make healthy, delicious meals, using them is pretty much a hands-off experience.
All you have to do is put your food in the air fryer, spray some oil, press some buttons, shake them a little, and you’re good to go. Unlike with traditional frying methods where you have to constantly worry about flipping or moving your food so they cook evenly or doesn’t burn.
Air fryer Breakfast in about 20 minutes
Air fryers are truly the best way to get breakfast done, especially if your full attention is needed somewhere else in the house.
We know what you’re thinking: isn’t an air fryer for fried chicken? Can it really get me the crisp crust I want on these potatoes? The answer is YES, and I can’t wait for you to try it! This Air Fryer Breakfast recipe takes a few ingredients, and the air fryer does all the work for you.
With our Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes, you’ll get a delicious breakfast that’s ready in just 20 minutes. Perfect for those last-minute mornings when you need something hot and delicious in your belly
What’s In This Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes Recipe?
- Potatoes: You can use almost any kind of potatoes to make these air fryer breakfast potatoes but I personally prefer the many benefits of Russet potatoes, including how well they hold their shape when cooking. You can also use Yukon Gold or red potatoes.
- Oil: You need the oil to coat the potatoes and give their exterior a nice level of crispiness. You can use olive oil, canola oil, or vegetable oil, depending on what you have available.
- Seasoning: I used garlic powder, smoked paprika, ground pepper, and salt to season my potatoes. You can go extra by adding some freshly minced parsley after cooking for a hint of freshness and color.
How To Make Breakfast Potatoes In Air Fryer
All the equipment you need to make these delicious air fryer breakfast potatoes are a pair of tongs, a knife, and your air fryer.
Once you have all of these gathered, here’s how to cook breakfast potatoes in air fryer:
- First, preheat your air fryer to about 400℉.
- While you’re waiting for the air fryer to heat up, you can begin peeling your potatoes. Once you’re done, rinse them out and cut them into 1-inch cubes.
- Pour the potatoes into a bowl and add some oil, smoked paprika, salt, garlic powder, and ground pepper. Toss everything until all the potatoes are well-coated.
- Put the well-seasoned potatoes in the air fryer basket and cook at 400℉ for 15-20 minutes.
- Shake the basket midway through the cooking time to ensure they cook evenly. You’ll know your breakfast potatoes are done when they appear crispy and golden brown on the outside.
How Long Will It Take To Make These Breakfast Potatoes?
It takes about 15-20 minutes to completely air fry these breakfast potatoes. Ensure you cut them all into cubes approximately 1-inch in size so they cook evenly and at the same time.
What Should I Serve With These Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes?
We like to serve these with fried eggs but they’re also great with scrambled eggs, or even poached eggs like this delicious Shakshuka recipe. You can also serve them with a side of sausage, bacon, or ham to make a hearty, filling breakfast.
Can I Re-Heat Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes?
I sincerely doubt you’d have any leftovers with this recipe but in the event that you do, you can reheat the potatoes by cooking them in the air fryer at 400℉ for 3-5 minutes or until they’re warm.
- No need to soak the potatoes overnight to get that crispy exterior you desire. Also, remember to pat the potatoes dry before adding your seasonings to ensure they’re crispy.
- Consider adding some chopped bell peppers, onions, or cheese to make the breakfast potatoes heartier.
- To make the potatoes spicier, you can add an extra ½ tsp of chili powder to your mix of seasonings, then serve with hot sauce on the side. If you want, you can also replace regular salt and pepper with some lemon pepper.
- Add seasoning just as the potatoes are about to go in the air fryer, as the longer they sit with salt, the more moisture will be drawn out and the less crispy the potatoes get.
- Use even 1-inch cuts for the best results. The larger the potato cubes, the longer they spend in the air fryer, and the less crispy they get.
- Adjust cook time to your air fryer. Some air fryers have a lower wattage than others. If you own one of those, you might need to adjust your cook time to ensure your potatoes are well-cooked.
More Potato Recipes
- Perfect Air Fryer Potato Recipe
- Spiced Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- Perfectly Crispy Air Fryer Hasselback Potatoes
- Crispy Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
- Crispy Air Fryer French Fries
Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes
- 4 medium potatoes peeled and cut to 1-inch cubes
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ to 1 teaspoon salt or add to taste
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black ground pepper
- Preheat an air fryer to 400 degrees F
- In a large bowl, toss the cubed potatoes in olive oil and seasonings until they are well coated.
- Place potatoes in the air fryer basket and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, shaking halfway through cook time.
Let’s connect on YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram. I love keeping in touch with you, and nothing brings me more joy than seeing pictures of your creations. Tag me @cheflolaskitchen on Instagram and Facebook.