Perfect Air Fryer Potato Recipe (Jacket potatoes) – Perfectly cooked whole potatoes that are incredibly fluffy and tender on the inside. Cooked in the air fryer for a clean taste resulting in a fast and simple potato in no time.
PERFECT AIR FRYER POTATO RECIPE
Say goodbye to having hard potatoes and hello to fluffy and soft potatoes every single time. This air fryer potato recipe will do just that. The air fryer allows for a temperature-controlled environment where it can cook the potato on all sides resulting in the ultimate texture.
There are many benefits to cooking potatoes in the air fryer. The air fryer allows for convection heating, cooking the potato from all around. It also controls the amount of oil in the cooking process, eliminating all of the unnecessary cooking oil that sometimes comes with baked potatoes.
To give the dish some extra flair, you can add toppings to your baked potato. Some of my favorites include butter, cream cheese, sour cream, green onions, or shredded cheese.
Some of my all-time favorite air fryer potatoes recipes you will enjoy include Spiced Air Fryer Potato Wedges, Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes, Perfectly Crispy Air Fryer Hassleback Potatoes, and Crispy Air Fryer Baby Potatoes.
WHAT KIND OF POTATO SHOULD I USE?
Russet potatoes are the best choice for baked potatoes. Their thick skin and high starch content result in a fluffy and tender inside that will melt in your mouth.
AT WHAT TEMPERATURE SHOULD I SET MY AIR FRYER?
The potatoes cook in the air fryer at a high temperature. I set mine to 400F and cook for 40 minutes.
HOW LONG SHOULD I COOK MY POTATOES IN THE AIR FRYER?
The potatoes should take about 40 minutes to cook in the air fryer. Then, when a fork can go through the skin without a problem, they are ready to go.
WHAT SIZE OF POTATOES SHOULD I USE?
You can choose any size of potatoes to make baked potatoes. However, you may have to adjust the cooking time for larger or smaller potatoes. Take off a few minutes for smaller and keep the air fryer going a little longer for larger potatoes.
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT AIR FRYER POTATO – JACKET POTATOES
- Clean them up: Scrub the potatoes thoroughly until clean. Russet potatoes are known to be dirty, so make sure you clean them up well.
- Prep the potatoes: Poke holes all around the potato with a fork and brush them with oil. Season with salt and pepper and place in the air fryer basket.
- Cook time: Cook the potatoes at 400F for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, rotate the potatoes and cook for another 10 minutes. When they are fork-tender, they are ready.
- Topping time: While the potatoes are still hot, slice them open and fill with the topping of your choice. All that’s left to do is dig in!
WHAT SHOULD I SERVE WITH THESE AIR FRYER BAKED POTATOES?
Baked potatoes are a simple side dish that goes great with any meal. However, they can also be the main star of the show and be served as a main dish. If serving as a main, go big on all of the toppings and have a large variety of options.
More potato recipes
Potatoes are always a good idea. Here are some more ideas to add potatoes to all of your meals.
- Crispy Baked Potato Wedges
- Crispy Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
- Perfectly Crispy Air Fryer Hasselback Potatoes
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Crispy Air Fryer French Fries
- Air fryer chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes
Perfect Air Fryer Potato Recipe
- 3 medium-size potatoes
- 1 tbsp oil or cooking spray
- 1/2 tsp salt or add to taste
- Black pepper
- Optional For garnishing
- Green onions
- Cream cheese
- Scrub the potatoes
- Poke all over with a fork, then brush the oil all over each of the potatoes
- Season with salt and black pepper
- Place the potatoes in the air fryer basket and cook at 400F for 30 minutes. Flip to the other side and cook for another 10 minutes or till a fork inserted in the middle of the potatoes slides through easily.
- Transfer the potatoes to a plate and slice with a sharp knife while still hot. Fill with your desired filling and enjoy.