Chicken Seasoning Blend – This blend of herbs and spices infuses a burst of flavor into your chicken, vegetables, fish, and much more.
Delicious Chicken Rub
This delicious Chicken rub is made from common herbs and spices you probably already have available and it’s ready in 5 minutes! It is a staple in our home and it makes a great gift too!
Spice up your chicken dinner with homemade chicken seasoning
Chicken seasoning blend can save you a lot of money, and it’s super easy to do! I love having homemade seasoning blends on hand. It always feels like such a luxurious (and frugal) thing to do, and pushes me to try new recipes all the time!
It’s a great addition to your spice rack and you can use it for numerous dishes like fried fish, baked potatoes, popcorn, and fries. So now you can broaden the horizon of your regular snacks.
A versatile Seasoning for Chicken and more
This chicken rub is much more versatile than you may realize. It makes for a great rub for grilled chicken, in a spicy homemade spaghetti sauce, or as a seasoning addition to a soup recipe. There are so many uses!
Why Homemade Seasoning?
Making homemade seasoning blends is better than buying them at the grocery. They are easy to make, cost-effective, and most importantly — you know what goes into your mixes.
Also, you can easily adjust any of the ingredients. For me, I love the fact that I can control the heat level, salt, and no preservatives!
What is Chicken Seasoning made of?
Chicken seasoning is a savory, flavorful, and spicy blend of ingredients. It provides a complex yet delicious flavor to the chicken dish. The seasoning blend lends itself well to both grilled and baked chicken. Sprinkle your seasoning generously on your chicken as you cook. Whether you roast in the oven, grill, air-fry, or fry.
Chicken Seasoning Ingredients
This chicken seasoning blend is made with common ingredients in your pantry. These blends of ingredients give your chicken a special flavor that you will enjoy. Here are all the ingredients you need to make a perfect chicken seasoning blend.
- Cayenne pepper: What this does in the blend is that it determines the spiciness of the blend. The amount of cayenne pepper you use equals the heat of the blend. If you want the ingredient to be less spicy, you can adjust the amount of cayenne powder.
- Black pepper: The black pepper will add that freshness you desire to this mix. I love to use freshly cracked black pepper but you will also get an awesome result if you use already made ground black pepper.
- Sage lends an earthy herbal flavor.
- Salt to taste: certainly, you can add salt to taste.
- Thyme: Add thyme for extra flavor
- Onion and Garlic powder: These aromatics are your go-to for homemade chicken seasoning blend. Aromatics bring out the life in your chicken.
- Paprika: I used smoked paprika for that earthy and smoky flavor and I highly recommend you do the same. However, if you don’t have it at hand, you can use the regular paprika are amazing.
- Ground Cumin: This is another great addition that enhances the flavor of this seasoning mix.
How long does it last?
If you store your seasoning blend well, it can last up to 6 months. However, it is best to keep the storage container in a cool, dry place at room temperature. Please don’t keep it in a damp place to avoid moisture.
You can make a chicken seasoning blend and store the excess. The best way to store your seasoning is in an airtight container. After storing for a while, I advise shaking the seasoning before using it. Shaking reactivates the mix and makes it suitable for use again.
Asides from this tasty and flavorful seasoning, these are other seasonings:
- Caribbean Green Seasoning
- Taco Seasoning
- Creole Seasoning
- Jamaican jerk seasoning
- Suya spice
- Sauteed Onions
Chicken Seasoning Blend
- 1½ tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 2-3 teaspoons salt or add to tatse
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ¼– ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Mix all the ingredients together in a medium bowl and use as desired.
- Store the remaining in an airtight container for up to 6 months in a cool dark place.
Let’s connect on YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram. I love keeping in touch with you, and nothing brings me more joy than seeing pictures of your creations. Tag me @cheflolaskitchen on Instagram and Facebook.