Air Fryer Lamb Chops – Indulge in succulent, perfectly cooked lamb chops with an air fryer in just minutes!
Air Fryer Lamb Chops – Impressive main dish
Lamb chops are lamb cuts from the rib, loin, and shoulder of a lamb. They are typically small, individual portions of meat that are cut from the bone. Each type has its unique flavor and texture and can be prepared in various ways. No matter which type of lamb chop you choose, they are sure to be a delicious and satisfying meal.
They’re perfect for grilling or pan-searing, but sometimes you just want to get dinner on the table quickly and easily. That’s why we love this recipe for juicy air fryer lamb chops!
Lamb chops are known for their rich, savory flavor and tender texture. They make an impressive main dish. They are often served medium-rare to medium and are typically paired with various side dishes such as roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or grains.
Get ready to fall in love with your air fryer!
Lamb chops are one of the most popular choices for dinner because they’re juicy, tender, and full of flavor. However, the key is to get them just right: not too rare, not too well-done; cooked through but still soft enough that you don’t need a steak knife to cut through them.
One easy and convenient method is to use an air fryer. It gives the meat a caramelized crust. This method allows you to achieve perfectly cooked lamb chops in a matter of minutes with minimal effort.
All it takes is a few simple ingredients and a little prep time, then you’ll be ready to dive right into this tasty dish.
Ingredients for making Air Fryer Lamb Chops
- Lamb chops: this is the star of the dish. I used shoulder lamb chops for this recipe.
- Lemon juice: adds a bright, tangy flavor to the recipe and helps to balance out the richness of the meat.
- Olive oil: You will need a small amount to brush over the meat before cooking. This helps to keep the meat moist.
- Cayenne pepper: adds a bit of heat and depth to the recipe.
- Seasonings: You will need a seasoning blend of herbs and spices like rosemary, paprika, garlic, and onion powder to add flavor to the recipe.
- Salt: helps to bring out the lamb’s natural flavors and enhances the dish’s overall taste.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Quick and easy to prepare
- Healthy to eat
- Versatile and convenient
- They taste great
How to make Air fryer Lamb Chops
- Prepare: Add all the ingredients together except the lamb.
- Season: Pat the lamb pieces dry with a paper towel and season them until each piece is well coated.
- Marinate: Leave in the refrigerator to marinate for at least one hour.
- Cook: Arrange the lamb and air fry in a single layer for 10 to 12 minutes, turning halfway between.
- Let it rest and serve hot!
These tender chops are seasoned and cooked to juicy perfection, making them the perfect addition to any meal. Plus, the air fryer makes cleaning a breeze and leaves no mess!
By following these tips, you can create perfectly cooked and flavorful lamb chops in your air fryer.
- Don’t overcrowd the basket: It is important to leave enough space between the lamb chops in the air fryer basket to allow for even cooking. If they are too close together, they may not cook evenly.
- Preheat the air fryer: Preheating the air fryer helps to ensure that the meat cooks evenly and comes out perfectly juicy and tender.
- Flip halfway through cooking: To ensure even cooking, flip the lamb chops over halfway through the cooking time.
- Rest before serving: This allows the juices to redistribute and the lamb chops to become more tender.
Set the temperature at 400°F (204 degrees C) and cook for 7 to 8 minutes, flipping halfway between. Make sure you let the chops rest for about 5 minutes before serving them so they can finish cooking inside while retaining their juiciness and tenderness.
How do you tell when the chops are done cooking?
There are a few ways to determine when your air fryer lamb chops are done cooking. One method is to use the touch test. It should feel firm but still tender when they are done cooking.
The most accurate method is to use a meat thermometer. Lamb is best served at medium rare, so the internal temperature should be between 140 to 145°F.
- 120 degrees F for rare
- 130 degrees F for medium rare
- 140 degrees F for medium
- 150 degrees F for medium well
- 160 degrees F for well done
Not that; the temperature will continue to rise about 5 degrees more after cooking.
When they are finished cooking, they ought to have a rich, dark brown color. They need more time to cook if they are still pink or red in the center.
To check the temperature, insert the meat thermometer into the thickest part of the lamb chop, making sure not to touch the bone.
- How long does it take to cook lamb chops in the air fryer?
It takes about 8-12 minutes to cook. Depending on the thickness of your lamb chops and the desired amount of doneness, cooking times may change. However, it is best to use a digital meat thermometer like this one.
- What does lamb taste like?
Lamb is a type of meat that is typically rich and flavorful, with a slightly gamey taste. The flavor of lamb can vary depending on the age and diet of the animal, as well as the cooking method.
What do lamb chops pair well with?
Lamb chops are a versatile and flavorful main dish that pairs well with various side dishes. Some options include:
- Roasted vegetables: Roasted vegetables such as Honey Glazed Carrots, Brussels sprouts, or green beans are a classic pairing with lamb.
- Mashed potatoes: Creamy mashed potatoes provide a rich and comforting contrast to the savory flavor of the meat.
- Salad: A crisp and refreshing salad can be a great accompaniment to lamb chops. Try pairing them with a simple green salad like tomato mozzarella salad, Tomato Cucumber Salad, Black-Eyed Peas Salad, and Kachumbari.
- Rice or grains: Rice or grains such as quinoa, couscous, or farro can provide a neutral base for the lamb chops and help to soak up the flavorful juices. Try white rice, instant pot brown rice, jollof rice, and vegetable couscous recipe.
- Bread: A slice of crusty bread can be a great way to sop up any extra juices or sauces from the lamb chops.
- Grilled or roasted fruit: Grilled or roasted fruit such as apricots, peaches, or plums can add a sweet and tangy element to the meal.
Storing your Air Fryer Lamb chops
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You can also freeze them by wrapping them tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and placing them in a resealable plastic bag. This will help to keep the lamb chops fresh.
When you’re ready to reheat, thaw them in the refrigerator, preheat the air fryer to 400°F, and place them in the basket. Cook for about 5-7 minutes, or until they are heated through, and the internal temperature reaches at least 145°F.
Air Fryer Lamb Chops
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ tablespoon rosemary
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ to ¾ teaspoon each salt and pepper or add to taste
- 4 lamb chops shoulder part
- Add all the ingredients together except the lamb.
- Pat the lamb pieces dry with a paper towel and place them in a large bowl.
- Pour the mixed seasoning over the lamb and mix well until each piece is well coated with the seasoning.
- Leave in the refrigerator to marinade for at least one hour or leave overnight in the refrigerator.
- Arrange the lamb in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Place the basket into the air fryer and air fry at 400F for 8 to 12 minutes turning halfway between.
- Serve immediately with your favorite side dish or dip like ketchup or mustard sauce!
- Don’t overcrowd the basket: It is important to leave enough space between the lamb chops in the air fryer basket to allow for even cooking. If the lamb chops are too close together, they may not cook evenly.
- Preheat the air fryer: Preheating the air fryer helps to ensure that the lamb chops cook evenly and come out perfectly juicy and tender.
- Flip the lamb chops halfway through cooking: To ensure even cooking, flip the lamb chops over halfway through the cooking time.
- Let the lamb chops rest before serving: This allows the juices to redistribute and the lamb chops to become more tender.
Let’s connect on YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram. I love keeping in touch with you, and nothing brings me more joy than seeing pictures of your creations. Tag me @cheflolaskitchen on Instagram and Facebook.