Ramen noodles stir fry
Sometimes, nothing hits the spot better than noodles!. This ramen noodles stir-fry combines tender, juicy shrimps with loads of vegetables. This version has more veggies than the average noodle stir fry and of course lots of flavor and doesn’t require expert knowledge to do it right.
We all live busy lives and sometimes snappy, quick and easy to cook meal is virtually the order of the day in various homes. For us, Instant noodles is one of the to-go meals that we often have in our pantry, however, it can become boring when cooked plainly every time. I see no reason why you have to settle for a boring noodle each time when you can easily elevate it in little time.
How to make Instant Noodles Recipe
Noodles are usually cooked in boiling water, with seasoning and sometimes with cooking oil. Once noodles are cooked, remove them from heat and you can either serve them immediately or take it to the next level by tossing in some veggies and protein to make a wholesome meal.
To prepare the Shrimps
- Shrimps – Deveined and cleaned
- Salt – to taste
- Black pepper – to taste
To prepare the vegetables
- Oil – I used Olive oil, however, any neutral to mild-tasting oil will work just fine
- Onion – Any variety of onion will work perfectly well: Yellow, white or red
- Carrots – I used some grated carrots. Not for the crunch but for some added subtle sweetness
- Mushrooms – I used the white button mushroom. They are meaty and they add an earthy touch to the meal.
- Bell peppers – Cut into small cubes
- Seasoning powder – (the seasoning packet that came with the noodle pack)
- Salt (optional) – You might not need this if you use the seasoning packets that came with the noodle pack.
To prepare the Instant noodles
- Noodles – 2 packs of instant noodles of your choice
- Water – Enough water to cover the whole noodles during the boiling process. Don’t worry, the excess water will be drained off.
To make the noodles stir fry
Simply combine the vegetables, Shrimps, and noodles.
Difference between Instant noodles and Pasta
What else can I use in this dish?
- Sweet Corn
- Green beans
What type of instant noodle do I use?
- Just like any stir-frying recipe, it’s important to have all of the ingredients prepped; have all of the veggies cut up and ready to be added in the stir-fry.
- Likewise, the liquids and the seasonings should be pre-measured, set aside, and ready to go.
- Always stir-fry over high heat so to keep everything crisp, tender, and not mushy.
- You can pick out the veggies of your choosing and hit a home run with this ramen noodles stir fry
- You might not need to add any salt if you choose to use the seasoning packet that comes with the noodles.
Looking for more stir fry recipes?
Instant Stir fry Noodles with Shrimps and Vegetables
- 2 packs instant noodles
- Large pot of boiling water
- 1/2 cup onions diced
- 1/4 Cup Carrots Grated
- Salt optional
- Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Red Bell peppers diced
- 1/4 cup green bell peppers diced
- 1 diced Tomato diced
- 3 Tsp seasoning powder or the seasoning packets that came with the noodles
- 5 white button mushrooms sliced
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the ramen noodles till the block of noodles separates inside the water. About 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drain the hot water. Run some cold tap water over the noodles to stop the cooking process. Set aside
- Season the shrimps with salt and black pepper. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high and arrange the shrimp in a single layer and cook for 2 minutes. Flip and cook for another 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In the same pan, add about a tablespoon of oil if needed. Add the onions and saute till the onions become translucent.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for about 3 minutes. (Add a splash of water if it becomes too dry)
- Throw in the Bell peppers, Tomatoes and carrots. Season with seasoning powder and salt - optional (please read the note above and let). cook for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked noodles and the shrimps and cook until heated through. About 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and enjoy immediately