A delicious and easy no-knead pizza dough ready in 20 minutes; no knead, no rise, no baking. All the magic happens on the stovetop, and it yields a lovely soft and chewy crust.
Quick and Easy Pizza Dough
This is a very good pizza dough recipe, especially if you’re really pressed for time because it requires no kneading and no oven. All you have to do is just mix and cook. However, in order to get that desired soft and chewy result, it’s advisable to use bread flour; however, all-purpose flour works well too.
Pizza is always a thing in my house, and we enjoy making our own from scratch. I know the store-bought pizza exists, and the truth is, we have tried several brands, but none of them seem to hit the spot for us, and who knows exactly what’s in there? The preservatives, the oils, and more.
I know you can also get fresh pizza from practically any street corner as well, and yes, we do order occasionally, but the truth is, the pizza we buy is not as nearly as good as the pizza we make at home.
This pizza dough recipe is so easy that my 9-year-old has already mastered it, and he now makes it by himself, and it turns out perfectly well each time.
Why I like this pizza dough recipe
- No kneading – All you have to do is just mix
- No proofing – You don’t need to wait for the dough to rise.
- No baking – No oven is required all the magic happens on the stovetop.
- Little time – It takes 20 minutes from start to finish. It’s such a time saver
- Little effort – No stress
- Great taste, great crust, and great texture!
Just follow these three steps – Get an amazing homemade pizza crust
- Mix the dough ingredients in a pan
- Spread it out and add the pizza sauce, cheese, and your favorite toppings
- Cook for 15 minutes on a medium heat. Done!
As you can see, this pizza dough recipe is foolproof; however, we need to get down to some basics in order to achieve a perfect result:
- Just like any no-knead dough recipe, after all the dough ingredients are well combined, the resulting dough will be very wet and sticky. Don’t be tempted to add more flour. The wet dough is the main reason why you don’t need to wait for the crust to rise like the traditional crust, and this is what makes the dough rise more easily and quickly when exposed to oven heat. This yields a pizza that is soft and chewy when baked.
- Use a non-stick pan or a cast-iron skillet. In that way, you don’t have to worry about the pizza sticking to the pan when fully baked. Trust me, the pizza will release easily from the pan.
- If you notice the crust is cooking too fast after 10 minutes, you can reduce the heat to low until the pizza is fully cooked.
Now you can go ahead and whip up your delicious pizza in only 20 minutes.
- This pizza dough works well for thin crust.
- Feel free to use the store-bought pizza sauce if you don’t feel like making your own from scratch.
- Customize it by using your choice of cheese and toppings
[su_box title=”Other No-knead bread dough recipes you might want to try:” box_color=”#273B56″]
- No-knead garlic knots
- No-knead soft and fluffy bread rolls
- No-knead French bread
- No-knead crusty dutch oven bread
No-knead pizza dough Recipe
INGREDIENTS FOR THE PIZZA DOUGH
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp yeast
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2/3 cup water
FOR THE SAUCE
- 6 ounces Tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- Green bell peppers
- Or use toppings of your choice
- In a small bowl, combine the Tomato sauce, olive oil, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In a non-stick pan, add the warm water and yeast mix well. Add the flour, sugar, salt, and olive oil. Mix well until a shaggy dough is formed. Don’t be tempted to add more flour.
- Report this ad
- Spread the dough inside the pan to create a smooth surface. Spread the tomato sauce over the dough, then spread cheese and top with your favorite toppings
- Cover the pan and place the dough on medium heat. Leave to cook for 10 to 15 minutes or till a golden crust is formed, and cheese is bubbly.
- Leave to cool for few minutes before serving
Feel free to use the store-bought pizza sauce if you don’t feel like making your own from scratch.
Customize it by using your choice of cheese and toppings
If you make this No-knead pizza dough, I’d love to see pictures of your creations on Instagram or Facebook. #cheflolaskitchen