Sandwich Bread – This is one of the easiest bread you’ll ever make because it’s beginner-friendly, it requires just six simple ingredients with very little effort, and it comes together in less than 2 hours. So soft, so fluffy, so good!
THE PERFECT NO-KNEAD SANDWICH BREAD RECIPE (EVEN FOR BEGINNER BAKERS)
This no-knead sandwich bread is a triumph. Though, I developed this recipe, however, the result exceeded my expectations. I’m not trying to overstate it when I say so but this requires minimal effort, no fancy tools or ingredients, yet, it yields a soft, flavorful sandwich bread.
It’s delicious smeared with butter right out of the oven or just toast and enjoy sandwiches throughout the week…perfection!
This is a foolproof recipe provided you follow the steps, measure out the flour well (leveled cup), use a good yeast, and proof the dough in a warm place. The result will be a quick high rising dough which will in turn yield a good tasting, light bread, with a soft and chewy crust.
A VARIATION ON OUR FAMOUS MILK BREAD
This recipe is a variation of our famous sweet milk bread. The end product looks, feels, and tastes very similar. However, this method takes half of the time of our sweet milk bread.
This simple enriched dough recipe never fails and it yields a soft, pillowy bread.
So if you are short of time and you can’t with to make our sweet white bread that needs kneading, or you are a beginner in the world of bread making, then this bread recipe is for you.
Watch how to make it:
YOU GET WHAT YOU SEE – MY PROMISE
It can be very frustrating to get the right bread recipe on the internet these days because there are just so many recipes flying around. Some of them are just way too complicated or require an ingredient that is difficult to source or expensive, and sometimes, when you make them, the result looks nothing like the picture on the site. Sigh!
This recipe is not so; you get what you see. Trust me on this. I have done all the background work so you all can have your confidence in the kitchen.
You just have to mix all the ingredients in a large bowl, make the dough, let it rest for 5 minutes, mix the dough again, shape, proof, and bake. No fancy ingredients or complicated steps. As you can see from our photos, the final product is fluffy, soft, slightly sweet, and golden. What’s not to love about it?
How to make Sandwich Bread
To make this quick sandwich bread, mix all the ingredients together in a very large bowl, once everything is well combined, cover and let it rest for 5 minutes. Open it up again and mix for a few seconds. Cover it back and leave to rest for one hour. However, if you keep it in a very warm place it will rise faster. About 45 minutes.
Next, divide the dough in two and shape both into loaves. This can be quite tricky because the dough is soft but it’s not difficult. All you have to do is just to gather the dough together while trying to form a loaf. Honestly, this is so easy but you can watch the video for reference if still in doubt.
Leave the loaf to rise for another 15 to 20 minutes if kept in a warm place but expect a thirty minutes wait time if kept in a cool place.
I gave the dough an egg wash just before baking to give it a golden and shiny crust. It’s optional but recommended. Bake and enjoy.
Here is how I make my light and fluffy sandwich bread from scratch. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do in our home. ❤️❤️❤️
Some of our favorite Bread Recipes:
- Quick and Easy Hot Dog Buns Recipe
- How To Make Bread Rolls
- Sausage Bread Rolls
- No-knead Bread Rolls
- No-knead Garlic Bread-Garlic Knots
- Chicken Stuffed Braided Bread
- Crusty No-knead Dutch Oven Bread
- No-knead French Bread
- Raisin Bread Rolls
- Easy Honey Whole Wheat Bread
- Sweet Milk Bread Recipe
- The dough rises a lot so be sure to use a very large bowl.
- I gave the dough an egg wash just before baking to give it a golden and shiny crust. It’s optional but recommended.
- Always leave the dough in a warm place to help it rise faster. if left in a cold place it will take a longer time to rise.
- You may substitute butter for margarine or lard if you wish. However, you will need to skip the salt if using margarine.
- I used instant yeast for this recipe. However, you can use active yeast. If you choose to use active yeast, I’ll advise you to proof it first in the warm milk before adding it to the dry mixture.
Sandwich Bread Recipe
- 5 cups bread Flour
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1½ Tbsp Yeast
- 2½ Cups Warm Milk About 105 and 110°F
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 Egg for egg wash - optional
- Combine the flour, sugar, salt, and yeast in a large bowl. Mix and create a well at the center.
- Add the butter and the milk. Stir with a wooden spoon till a wet mass of dough is formed. About 1-2 minutes.
- Cover the bowl and leave to rest for five minutes. After five minutes, open the bowl and mix again for a few seconds.
- Cover and leave to rest for 45 minutes to one hour.
- Meanwhile, prepare two 9×5 loaf pans by brushing them with butter and sprinkling some flour over it to coat all the inside of the pan.
- Remove the dough from the bowl, place it on a lightly floured work surface and divide it into two halves.
- Shape the dough into loaves – it’s very soft so it needs to be handled with care.
- Gently place the shaped dough inside the loaf pan.
- Cover the pan with a clean damp kitchen towel and leave to rest for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Bake in a 375F preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or till a skewer inserted in the middle of the bread comes out clean.
- Serve with a spread of butter or jam, you can also toast or make a great tasting sandwich. Enjoy!
If you make this No-knead Sandwich Bread, I’d love to see pictures of your creations on Instagram or Facebook. #cheflolaskitchen