No-Oven Bread Rolls – I’ve been asked several times if my Bread Rolls recipe can be made without an Oven. Of course, the answer is yes and I will show you how this can be achieved.
The detailed recipe for these Bread rolls haven’t changed and you can see it here just in case you need to refer to it.
Notes on how to make the no-Oven Bread rolls
It’s advisable to make small rolls from the dough so that the bread can get cooked on the inside on time.
The best pan to use to cook the Bread is the cast iron pan but in the absence of that, you can use a heavy bottom pan lined with parchment paper.
Can foil paper be used to line the Pan? Well, I tried lining the pan with foil paper but the Bread got burnt even before anything was done. I will not suggest the use of foil paper but who knows anyone can try it and I will be glad to know any tip or trick you used to achieve a good result.
The detailed recipe on how to make the bread dough can be found here.
Watch the Video on how to make the no-Oven Bread rolls
No-Oven Bread Rolls – How to make Bread Rolls without an Oven
- 4 Cups flour plus about a handful for kneading
- 4 Tablespoon Melted Butter
- 1 Tbs Yeast
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Warm Milk
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg For Egg wash
- 2 Tsp Sugar for proofing the Yeast
- Dissolve the Yeast and Sugar in the warm milk
- In another Bowl, combine the Butter and Eggs and set aside
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt and sugar, make a well at the center and add the yeast and the Egg and Butter mixture and mix together until a soft dough is formed.
- Transfer the Dough to a lightly floured surface and knead until it’s smooth and elastic about 10 minutes by hand and about 7 minutes if using a mixer.
- Place the Dough inside a very large oiled Bowl (making sure you smear some oil on the surface of the Dough) and leave to rise in a warm place for 1 hour or till doubled in size.
- Deflate the dough, and turn it out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide the dough into 16 equal pieces, and form into round balls and place it in the Cast Iron skillet/Pan, then leave it to rise for another 30 minutes.
- Place the pan on a low heat and cook for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes flip it to the other side and cook for additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, allow it to cool and enjoy!
Friday 24th of June 2022
Can I use an oven.
Chef Lola's Kitchen
Sunday 10th of July 2022
Yes, you can.
Friday 3rd of December 2021
Is it possible to make these with gluten-free flour? Thank you!
Friday 31st of December 2021
Hi Holly, I haven't tried this recipe with gluten-free flour.
Sunday 19th of September 2021
Keep on ur good work i will try it
Friday 18th of June 2021
I really like how your explain things. Thanks so you
Wednesday 4th of August 2021
Thank you 😊😊😊😊
Tuesday 6th of April 2021
I love your recipe