Learn how to make this simple and easy vanilla pound cake in the comfort of your home. It’s got an incredibly rich flavor and a melt-in-your-mouth texture. Deliciously decadent and I am not sorry at all. Believe me, it’s a keeper!
Vanilla Pound Cake Recipe – So Addictive!
It’s tender and rich with a moist and dense texture. Looks beautiful, tastes heavenly, and holds up to the toppings without feeling heavy. This is a classic cake that can be eaten plain or with a dusting of powdered sugar. Try topping it with fresh berries and whipped cream or ice cream- so good!
The ingredients and directions of this recipe can be found in the recipe box below. However, I will recommend reading the additional notes for a more detailed explanation. It might be helpful to you. 😊
Ingredients for making Pound Cake
The ingredients for making this pound cake are simple and basic, and the whole loaf comes together in a snap.
- Eggs – Gives the cake structure and moisture. Best to use them at room temperature.
- Sugar – Just the regular granulated sugar is required for this recipe. Nothing fancy!
- Salt – If using salted butter, you can skip the addition of salt.
- Flour – I used all-purpose flour. to get the best cake using this flour, be sure it’s well sifted!
- Butter – For that smooth and creamy consistency.
- Baking powder – Gives the cake a good height
- Milk – Gives the cake a good texture with soft crumbs. Also adds moisture to the cake.
- Vanilla – For an extra hint of flavor. You can switch up the flavor by using Almond extract or lemon extract.
How To Make This Simple Vanilla Pound Cake In Four Easy Steps
- Step 1: Cream the Butter and Sugar.
- Step 2: Mix the dry ingredients.
- Step 3: Alternate the addition of flour and milk inside the creamed butter.
- Step 4: Pour inside the baking pan and bake.
[su_box title=”Check us out on YouTube:” box_color=”#273B56″]
If you enjoy reading this recipe you can also consider subscribing to our YouTube Channel to watch more!
How do I know if my cake is ready?
The cake requires 60 minutes of bake time. However, I always like to start checking for doneness at about 55 minutes.
To test for doneness simply insert a long skewer into the middle of the cake.
- If it comes out wet then the cake is not done return it back to the oven to complete the baking process.
- If the skewer comes out totally dry then the cake is too done.
- If the skewer comes out fairly clean with some crumbs on it then the cake is done. take it out of the oven.
Recipe Notes and Tips
- For best result, be sure to have all the ingredients at room temperature.
- When creaming the eggs be sure to add one at a time to prevent the batter from curdling.
- Try not to overbeat the butter otherwise, the cake will turn out dense.
Other Loaf Cake Recipes that you might like
- Lemon Yogurt Cake
- Chocolate marble cake (Swirl Pound Cake)
- Easy Moist Carrot Cake From Scratch
- Plantain Cake
Simple And Easy Vanilla Pound Cake Recipe
- 2 sticks unsalted butter 16 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9"x5" loaf pan, then line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter with a mixer on medium-high speed until light and creamy about 1 minute then add the sugar until and whisk until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Reduce the peed of the mixer to medium; beat in the eggs, one at a time, Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl as needed. Then beat in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Alternate the addition of the flour in three batches. Start by folding in half of the flour mixture until just combined (don't overmix). Add the milk and fold until just combined, and finally add the remaining flour and combine until just smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan, place it in the oven, and bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
If you make this Pound Cake, I’d love to see pictures of your creations on Instagram or Facebook. #cheflolaskitchen