The Curry Fish Sauce is a very rich and delicious delicacy it has a very bold flavor which is as a result of the combination of the curry powder and the coconut milk and it comes together in about 30 minutes or even less and you know, sometimes, it’s the simplest meals that end up being the tastiest.
This Curry Fish features a refreshing combination of Habanero pepper, Ginger, Onions Green bell pepper Scallions, Tomatoes, and other warm spices to create an exotic and mouth-watering sauce. This is a no fuss easy to make lunch or dinner.
Let’s talk a bit about the good benefit of the chief ingredient of this sauce. Coconut Milk and Curry powder are both antioxidant and anti-inflammatory so that’s a win-win for me and any other curry sauce lover.
Besides the wonderful flavor of the coconut milk, the curry powder is a kicker for me. I always like to use the hot Jamaican curry powder. I like the aroma and the added hint of heat that come with it. Let me show you how easy it is to make this sweet yet savory curry Fish recipe.
The Habanero pepper and the ginger are minced and the Onions, Green bell pepper, Scallions, Tomatoes are diced
The onions, minced garlic, minced habanero pepper, thyme, and the bay leaf all stir-fried in a pan and the ginger also grated inside the pan. These are all stir-fried until the Onions becomes translucent.
The curry powder is added and left to cook for about 3 to 4 minutes. It’s important to stir this constantly to prevent it from burning
At this point, the Milk is added and left to cook for about 3 to 5 minutes.
Vegetable stock is what I used for this recipe. However, any other stock will work just as well if you don’t mind.
Salmon Fish is one of my favorite Fish and that is what I used for this recipe. Feel free to use any fish of choice. However, please note that the cooking time of Fish varies from one another if you choose a softer Fish it will cook faster. Also, smaller cut Fish will cook faster than bigger cut Fish.
At this point feel free to adjust the thickness of the sauce to your desired consistency if you want it lighter you can add a little more water or stock and if you want it a little thicker just simmer it for a couple of more minutes
Add the green peppers and the green onion and carefully stir this together in order not to break the fish and leave it to simmer again for about 2 more minutes
I specially made this Fish curry recipe for the good Friday season hence the reason why I used Fish. If you don’t like Fish, you can still make this recipe using chicken. I have a great chicken curry recipe that is just right for you.
Fish Curry is best enjoyed hot with White Rice, or any flatbread of your choice.
Watch How to make Curry Fish Recipe:
I used Canola Oil in this recipe however, any cooking oil will work perfectly well.
- 1-1/2 Lb Salmon Fish
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 2 Scallion stalks
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 Green Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Curry powder
- 1 Tsp Thyme
- 1 large Onion
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 Scotch Bonnet
- 2 Tsp Ginger
- 1 bay leaf
- Stock Fish or vegetable or Chicken
- 1/4 Cup Fish stock or water
- Salt to taste
- Mince the Habanero pepper and the ginger. Then dice the Onions, Green bell pepper, Scallions, Tomatoes and set aside
- preheat the oil in a pan and once the oil is hot, add the onions, minced garlic, minced habanero pepper, thyme and the bay leaf. Grate in the ginger and stir-fry until the Onions become translucent.
- Stir in the curry powder and leave to cook for about three minutes stirring constantly in order to prevent the curry powder from burning.
- Add the diced Tomatoes and mix until it’s well combined with the Curry paste and leave it to cook for about 3 to 4 minutes
- Stir in the Coconut Milk and leave to simmer for about three to four minutes
- Add the vegetable stock at this point and Season with salt to taste
- Place the Fish and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes or till done.
- Add the green peppers and the green onions. Carefully stir and leave to simmer again for about 2 more minutes
If you make this Fish Curry recipe, I’d love to see pictures of your creations on Instagram and Facebook. #cheflolaskitchen