Tender Instant Pot Kidney Beans: Tasty, simple, and fun to make. Cooked in the Instant Pot for a quick cooking time. The easy recipe will make a great side dish for any meal.
INSTANT POT KIDNEY BEANS
Kidney beans have a simple flavor. The beans are very tender and have a starchy quality to them. They pair well as the main dish in a meal, with rice in beans, or as a side dish to a protein.
These tender kidney beans have everything you love about kidney beans without having to soak them. The Instant Pot allows the cooking time to be cut down to just 45 minutes. The fast cooking method doesn’t take away from the beans, as they are still super tender.
ONE OF OUR FAVORITE WAYS TO COOK BEANS
The slow cooker is an amazing device that makes it easy to cook delicious foods while you’re out of the house all day, but the Instant pots are an excellent investment if you’re short on time and want to cook delicious meals at home more often.
The Instant Pot cooks the kidney beans with pressure cutting the cooking time in half. The high-pressure cooking method allows the beans to cook thoroughly without being too mushy or too hard. In addition, the method allows for perfectly cooked beans every single time.
Time saver, Easy and Budget-friendly
Cooking your beans in an instant pot can save you money, time, and energy compared to using other cooking methods. If you’re new to the instant pot or kidney beans, this article will help you get started cooking these healthy legumes in your electric pressure cooker,
This guide will show you how to cook dry kidney beans in your instant pot so that they turn out perfectly tender and flavorful every time. The best part of this beans recipe is that there’s no soaking needed!
Are kidney beans good for you? Yes! Kidney beans are not just good for your heart, but they are packed with protein and fiber to help you feel fuller longer.
Perfect addition to many meals
Kidney beans are the perfect addition to different meals, from soups and salads to main courses and side dishes. You can use kidney beans to increase the nutritional value of your food without spending too much time or money.
Kidney beans are a great addition to any meal. Make them the main star of the dish and turn them into rice and beans or serve them as a side dish during dinner. Try them alongside Crispy Oven Roasted Turkey Wings or Easy Oven Roasted Turkey Thighs.
I’ll be sure to include some easy recipes that use these beans in case you need something to do with them after they’re done!
Are kidney beans healthy?
Kidney beans are relatively healthy. While they are mainly composed of carbs and fiber, they are also a strong plant-based protein source. Since the beans are rich in fiber, they can help promote colon health and moderate blood sugar levels due to the way they are digested.
What temperature should I cook the kidney beans in the Instant Pot?
The Instant Pot should be kept on high when cooking the kidney beans.
Should I use water or broth when cooking the kidney beans?
Either liquid works when cooking the kidney beans in the Instant Pot. The water will not add much flavor to the beans, while a broth will give them more flavoring. No matter which liquid you choose to make the beans with, they will still cook the same.
How to make Instant Pot Kidney Beans
How to Cook Kidney Beans in an Instant Pot
- Clean the beans: Rinse the beans well with water and remove all of the dirt and stones. Dry beans can be dirty, so don’t be concerned if they don’t look clean when you buy them.
- Instant Pot Time: Place the rinsed kidney beans in the Instant Pot and add the water or broth, salt, onion, and bay leaf. Cover the instant pot and seal the valve. Set the Instant Pot on high and cook for 40-45 minutes.
- All done: When the timer goes off, release the steam from the Instant Pot and use the beans as desired.
More beans recipes
Beans are always welcome on my table, especially kidney beans. When you’ve mastered this recipe and want to try more bean recipes, have a look at some of my favorites.
- Creamy Red Beans And Rice
- Easy Sauteed Skillet Green Beans and Bacon
- Ewa riro – Stewed Beans
- Ultimate chili recipe
HOW TO COOK KIDNEY BEAND IN THE INSTANT POT
HOW TO COOK KIDNEY BEANS IN THE INSTANT POT
- 1 lb Kidney beans 2 cups
- 6 cups water or broth
- Salt to taste
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 Bay leaf optional
- Clean the beans to remove stones and other dirt and rinse a couple of times.
- Pour the kidney beans inside the Instant Pot inner pot. Add water (broth), salt, onion, and bay leaf, cover with the lid and seal the valve.
- Put the pressure cook mode on HIGH pressure and cook it for 40 minutes or 45 minutes for really soft beans.
- Once the instant pot turns off, release the steam and use the kidney beans as desired in your recipes!
- When finished, don’t forget to put the steam release knob to venting so you don’t end up with mushy kidney beans.